A supervised work experience relating to an individual’s career area of interest that:
- Occurs in a workplace or under other authentic working conditions, including virtual and/or hybrid environments;
- Is co-developed by an education provider and at least one employer in the relevant field.
- Provides compensation or educational credit to the participant.
- Reinforces foundational professional skills, including, at a minimum, those outlined in the Recommended Technical and Essential Employability Competencies framework.
- Includes a professional skills assessment that assesses skill development and is utilized as a participant feedback tool.
- Takes place for a minimum of 60 total hours. A single career development experience must be a minimum of 30 consecutive hours, and two distinct experiences can be combined to fulfill this requirement.