A group problem-based learning project relating to an individual’s career area of interest that involves a problem relating to employers within that area, including mentoring from adults with expertise in that area, and requires the individual to present the outcomes of the project.
Team-based challenges may be incorporated into the instructional sequence or designated as separate activities. Team-based challenges must include the following components:
- An authentic problem or challenge that is identified from or in collaboration with a community or business partner.
- Meaningful interaction with an adult mentor who has related industry expertise and who is not an assigned classroom teacher.
- Demonstration of at least one career pathway-specific technical competency as identified in the College and Career Pathway Endorsement framework.
- Demonstration of at least one cross-sector essential employability competency skill.
- Collaboration with groups to solve a problem.
- A final product or presentation.1This is new language from ISBE’s proposed CCPE rules.
- 1This is new language from ISBE’s proposed CCPE rules.